Viveve is a non-surgical vaginal tightening treatment designed to improve bladder control and sexual function
As women age, they can begin to experience vaginal laxity and a decrease in pelvic floor strength. There are a number of reasons for why these symptoms occur, but common causes include childbirth, menopause, weight fluctuations and/or hormonal shifts. The loosening of muscles in the vaginal wall and pelvic floor can lead to a host of issues, including a loss of sexual pleasure, decrease in sensation and incontinence. We are now proud to offer a clinically proven, non-surgical, female rejuvenation treatment for vaginal laxity that requires little to no downtime.
Unlike other vaginal rejuvenation treatments, Viveve is the only solution that uses algorithmically controlled cooling in order to distribute energy evenly across vaginal tissue for optimal results.
Vaginal laxity and decreased pelvic floor muscle function can also be caused by hormone imbalances, specifically low testosterone.
We strongly recommend that all Viveve patients also consider having their testosterone levels tested because properly balanced hormones are pivotal for optimal sexual health. That’s why, as an added benefit to our Viveve patients, we offer a simple in-office blood test free of charge.
When the lab results are available, a provider will review the results with you. There is absolutely no obligation to move forward with a hormone program following the consult, your results remain wholly confidential, and the session comes at no additional cost.
Our clinicians also recommend that all Viveve patients consider pairing their treatment with injectable PRP. The PRP treatment is a specific method of using blood-derived growth factors to further rejuvenate the vagina. During your consultation, be sure to speak with your provider about adding PRP to your treatment program.
Am I a fit for Viveve?
You may be a candidate for the Viveve treatment if you are experiencing the following:
- Tampons feel like they are slipping out
- Vagina feels loose during intimacy
- Decrease in physical sensation during intimacy
- Feeling of air flowing from your vagina
- A feeling of our stress around incontinence
- Bladder leakage during exercise
What is vaginal laxity?
- Vaginal tissue is made up of collagen fibers, just like skin. Over time, collagen can lose its strength and shape, creating a feeling of looseness (laxity), especially around the vaginal opening. Common causes of vaginal laxity include childbirth, other physical stress on the tissue, aging, genetic pre-disposition and lifestyle choices.
How common is vaginal laxity?
- Vaginal laxity is an extremely common medical condition. A Viveve-sponsored survey of U.S. OB/GYN physicians revealed that vaginal laxity is the number one physical change that they see or their patients report following vaginal delivery—even more common than weight gain, incontinence or stretch marks. In a survey of more than 400 women in the U.S. who had vaginal deliveries, nearly half reported some level of concern with vaginal laxity.
When will I start to see results?
- Patients will start to see results in as little as three weeks, with peak results in six months.
Will I need to be treated again?
- We suggest that patients retreat once a year to maintain results.
Is there any downtime?
- There is little to no downtime with the Viveve treatment. Patients can exercise, be intimate and go about their normal lives immediately following treatment.
How long does the treatment take?
- The treatment takes between 1-1.5 hours to complete.
What does the treatment feel like?
- Patients will feel a warm sensation during the treatment.
Can I get the Viveve treatment while pregnant?
- Patients must be six-weeks post-partum to be eligible for the Viveve treatment.