We are all still recovering from the sugar and carbs overload from the holidays, so if you are ready for a total body reset – we’ve got you covered. Start 2018 feeling your best by cleansing your body of toxins and revving up your metabolism. Here are a few simple ways you can detox your body and feel like yourself again:
- Drink More Water. Chances are, you’re not drinking enough water. Soda and coffee don’t count. Kick off your day with a tall glass of water, and continue to hydrate throughout the day to flush your system and promote healthy digestion.
- Exercise. It goes without saying that exercise is an essential part of a healthy lifestyle. Regular exercise encourages blood circulation, reduces stress and tension, lubricates joints and increases strength.
- Decrease Your Sugar Intake. Sugar is hidden away in the ingredients list of most of the things you eat – whether you realize it or not. Try to be mindful of ingredients when grocery shopping, and avoid foods that list sugar (or any of the other sneaky words they use for sugar) as a main ingredient.
- Take Liposomal Glutathione. Glutathione is an important detoxifier and the body’s main endogenous antioxidant. In addition to moving out toxins through our digestive processes, Glutathione also helps the body fight again viruses. We offer this great product at our practice (ask us about it!).
- Eat Natural. If it’s green, it’s good to go. Focus on consuming less processed foods, and incorporate more fresh fruits and vegetables into your diet. Natural foods contain essential vitamins and are high in fiber, which helps promote a healthy digestive system.
These are just a few simple ways to detoxify your system and improve your overall health. However, a persistent lack of energy, libido, or overall decrease in health could point to a hormonal imbalance. If you are curious about your hormone levels, give us a call at Age Management Center of New England. Our experienced clinical team is happy to meet with you for a complimentary consultation at our office in Portland, ME.